play in the dirt

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bill


I live about half a block from the property Ned owned on Neale St. in Aspen.

I first visited Aspen in 1968. On the day after Xmas I was walking around the East End & I stopped to admire to Ned's complex of funky outbuildings & Victorian house. Someone said "hi, come on in". It was Ned. The house was full of people, some still grogged out from a wild Xmas party the night before.

Like Ned, I too was an architect. I was then living in Chicago & he was most interested in hearing my accounts of the recent disastrous Democratic convention. What a gentle & kind man. We bonded immediately & while not close friends I will always blame him for making me realize that I too might be able to make it Aspen.

Ned had a unique & quite ability to inspire. He had a lifestyle of such truth & integrity that it came through immediately. I moved here the very next year & have been here ever since.

Thanks Ned!

My heartfelt condolences go out to his family & friends.

Best
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment