play in the dirt

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Holly Lynn Danyliw


Ned was a guiding light for me. He gave me courage to stand in my beliefs and not worry about what others said about how I wanted to navigate my son, Andrew's life through homeschooling/unschooling.

Coming to Guilford and your home, I would feel safe again and yes, at home. Like an alien finding her alien planet and Ned being the leader of this planet. On this planet, the energy of it was so green, round, wooded, beautiful flowers, books, plenty of light and most of all, abundant, radiant life.

I will never forget this time in my life and the power of Ned's integrity and openness.

The first time I met Ned was at a homeschooling conference at Manchester Community College. I walked over to Ned and Luz's Unschooling table with my son, Andrew and Ned proceeded to ask Andrew about schooling and life.

I remember Andrew's eyes lighting up listening to an adult who obviously stood in his Truth.

As we left the table, I turned to Ned and said, "you realize he is changed forever now. I will never get him back to schooling and Ned, replied, Good!" with a sparkle and a gleam in his eyes. And I thought to myself: Oh, boy, I am screwed.>>>>

Blessings to you, Luz, your son, Cassidy and the rest of the family

Holly Lynn Danyliw, Andrew Danyliw and Pete Danyliw

No comments:

Post a Comment